Saturday, August 16, 2014

An Almost Book Review: Blah Books

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, school started and I kind of just gave up on fun things so I wouldn't fail any classes (pause for exhausted sigh).

Anyway, I haven't read any fantastic books is a long time so here is a list of blah books that were sub-par.

1. All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin

This book started out awesome, in the future, chocolate is illegal and smuggled by all of the crime lords in New York. Caffiene is also illegal. This would not be a good place for me, but I thought the plot was interesting. It is written from the point of view of the daughter of a notorious chocolate smuggler who is more interested in her boyfriend than the fact that she has been to prison twice and her brother smother cousin. This just drives me crazy, and made me ask: is this what teenagers really think? And so ends the blah book.

2. Lament by Maggie Steifvater

This is just an overall boring book, with an uninteresting plot about magical fairies. It has a happy ending and is just booooorrrrrrriiiiinnnnggggg.

No comments:

Post a Comment