Sunday, August 3, 2014

Review: Haven by Kristi Cook

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this book. The characters all worked well together, but there was always something missing. To explain my plight, here's the plot.
Violet has always had visions of the future, but everything changes when she sees her dad's murder. Left alone to grieve, she goes to a boarding school called Winterhaven which is a school for kids with psychic gifts.
At this point in the book, I was slightly interested, but also mildly bored. Violet took way too much time to realize that she was at a school with people like her.
Then she meets Aidan who is very mysterious and always missing class (I have no idea what's mysterious about skipping class, but Violet thought it made him more interesting). They start hanging out and fall in love (shocker). Then Violet discovers Aidan's secret, he is a vampire.
This is the point where I thought, "really! She could have done anything to make this more interesting, but a vampire? Come on." As you can see I am not into vampire books. I decided to read the rest of the book to see if it got better.
In a twist of fate, violet turns out to be one of three reincarnated vampire hunters.
This was when the book turned around a little and I became slightly more interested. But I think those are enough spoilers for today, so if you want to know what happens next, you'll have to read it. If not, I honestly wouldn't blame you.

No comments:

Post a Comment